Phu Quoc, the largest island in Vietnam, apart from the attraction with famous landmarks are beautiful beaches like Sao beach, Dai beach, Long beach. Especially, watching the sunset at Cua Can area is an activity not to be missed on the Phu Quoc Getaway 5 day tours.
Cua Can - a historical and poetic river
Cua Can River is a long, soft and charming river running through Phu Quoc primeval forest. For nature lovers, this is a suitable destination to combine exploration between rivers and mountains. Cua Can River features very clear and clean water when sailing on the river, you can see through the clear blue water with fish swimming. On both sides of the river, you can also see flocks of birds and storks chirping on the bushes. It is not as wide as the Mekong River but it is not small, the distance of two banks is 20-25m in the widest place.
Cua Can river
Explore Cua Can river
There are two options for tourists to explore Cua Can river on Sunset & Night Squid Fishing tours in Phu Quoc:
- Option 1: You are free to kayak along Cua Can River to the upstream to explore the primeval forest, visit the war boat that Nguyen Trung Truc used to fight invaders, and see the plain river (kayaking on Cua Can River is very interesting for those who like to conquer and explore. After rowing along the poetic gardens, peaceful fishing villages, tourists will to the estuary and swim at the pristine Cua Can beach.)
- Option 2: You board the motorboat, run upstream into the river branches, stop together at the primeval forest area, explore and visit the war boat that Nguyen Trung Truc used to fight troops invade, admire plain scenery. After walking along the poetic gardens, peaceful fishing villages, visitors will come to the estuary and swim at the pristine Cua Can beach.
Cua Can river
Tourist sites around Cua Can river
- Nguyen Trung Truc Temple: Understanding the anti-French achievements of the national hero Nguyen Trung Truc on Phu Quoc land.
- Ganh Dau Cape: See Cambodian maritime boundaries and experience the simple life of local fishermen.
- Pepper Garden: learn how to grow, harvest the pepper.
- Ong Lang Beach: Places to hang out for picnics and bathing. Visit the temple worshiping the national hero Nguyen Trung Truc.