Da Lat flower garden is likened to a paradise of flowers. Referring to Da Lat City tour full day, it would be the land of countless flowers with all species inside and outside the country gathered here.
The former name of the flower garden is Bich Cau, but later, when it became well-known to many tourists, it was called the City Garden.
The city flower garden is a typical place of Da Lat tours with many flowers planted here, diverse both in color and style. They are cleverly arranged by professional gardening artists to create an extremely beautiful and meaningful garden. It is likened to a precious garden of flowers, a place for thousands of flowers to bloom.
Where is the Da Lat flower garden?
If you want you to find the flower garden, just go to the end of Xuan Huong lake, you will see a giant gate. The flower garden is located northeast of Xuan Huong lake, next to the poetic Doi Cu Golf Course, about 2km from Dalat city center.
The flower gate of Da Lat flower garden
- Address: Dalat city flower garden is one of the tourist destinations located right in the city center. The flower garden is situated on Tran Quoc Toan street, in ward 8 of Da Lat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Fare: VND 40,000/entrance ticket for adults and VND 20,000/ticket for children. For children under 5 years old, it's free of charge.
- Opening hours: The flower garden is only open for sightseeing from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Ways to go: From the Da Lat market, you follow the road to the roundabout to Nguyen Thai Hoc street, then follow Dinh Tien Hoang street. Next is Tran Nhan Tong street. Going for a while, you will see a considerable flower gate.
History of forming Da Lat flower garden
Dalat flower garden was formerly known as the Bich Cau flower garden, also known as Da Lat flower park. This flower garden was built and planted with flower species from 1966, then abandoned and in 1985, it was newly built and planted with beautiful flowers to serve tourists.
With a total area of planting flowers for visitors up to 7000m2, this place is definitely one of the most extensive flower gardens in Vietnam and the world.
The beauty of Da Lat flower garden
Considered as a fresh flower museum with over 300 kinds of flowers from roses, hydrangeas, mimosa, etc. There are also some exotic flowers like daisies, gerbera, azaleas.
Visiting Da Lat flower garden
As soon as you step off the bus, you'll be surprised by the gate to the flower garden which is designed into a colorful arc shape created by thousands of flower pots lining up.
When you come across the gate, you can see flowers everywhere. Next to the two sides of the aisle are an impressive water spray system, and pine trees planted with driftwood stumps buried thousands of years underground.
A few steps away, visitors will come across adorable carriage-like models so that they can rest and take photos. A few more steps, you will find the Giant Cactus garden that originates from remote Africa.
Another beautiful spot that visitors cannot ignore is the orchid area. The orchids here are grown by tissue culture method, which is very attractive to tourists about colors and types. Tourists who wish to buy seeds for planting will be enthusiastically guided by the sellers here and shared about the know-how to make the flowers most beautiful and live most prolonged.
Some useful tips in Da Lat flower garden
- If you go in the hot season, you should go to the flower garden in the morning for a cooling atmosphere.
- If you love any kind of flower, you can buy seeds and seedlings to plant. However, the flowers will not look as beautiful as here because of the different soil and care techniques.
- If there are children with you, pay attention to areas with lakes.
- Some areas will charge for taking photos like horses or chariots.
It is a place of thousands of flowers
Coming to Da Lat flower garden, visitors will surely be joyful to see the flowers here cared and shaped by the hands of artisans. When Tet comes, the flower garden becomes a place holding the Spring Flower Festival, attracting a variety of artisans of Da Lat and other provinces to compete.