What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family, friend, couple, solo travelers
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88BBG03
This tour will take you from the vast lakes and chalky karsts of Ba Be National Park to the wild and rugged landscapes of Cao Bang to visit the most spectacular Ban Gioc waterfall in Vietnam. You will be travelling through the remote areas in the north of Vietnam, brushing along the Chinese border and staying with local families to find out about the unique cultures and customs of Vietnam.
- Admire amazing landscapes in the breathtaking Ban Gioc Waterfall
- Float on Ba Be Lake, take in the scenery of the surrounding karsts decorated with patches of wild vegetation
- Take a better understanding of the various ethnic groups and their agricultural tools, traditional handicrafts
- 2 Breakfast, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- A/C transfer
- Boat trip on Ba Be lake
- 2 nights at Homestay
- All sightseeing tickets
- Pick-up and drop-off in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- Price Excludes
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Thai Nguyen - Cao Bang
7.30 - 8:00 pick up from your hotel in Hanoi for driving on highway No3. You will also visit the Museum of the Cultures of Vietnam’s Ethnic Groups in Thai Nguyen City where you can browse the objects, photographs and exhibits that give a better understanding of the various ethnic groups and their agricultural tools, handicrafts and traditional costumes worn for worship. There will be a stop for lunch before your transfer extremely north to Cao Bang through scatterings of villages and rice paddies. You will get the chance to stop at a village known for its tobacco production (depend on growing season). This is the road less-travelled offering you the enjoy the views in peace. Tonight, you have dinner and stay overnight in the homestay of a Nung's family in Quang Uyen.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Trekking in Ba Be National Park
You will have the chance to explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be as you trek through the national park. To begin with, your local guide will take you to visit Coc Toc Village where the Tay people make a living through fishing in the lake. You will cross Pelu Stream and navigate some steep terrain, but as you gain height you will begin to see the beautiful views of the mountains. As you journey further towards the uplands, you will stop in a H'mong ethnic village where you will have a picnic lunch. Your guide will then take you through the vast mountain ranges and valleys to see the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people and along the trail to visit another H'mong ethnic village. You will then return to your homestay where you started this morning.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Ba Be Lake - Hanoi
After breakfast at the homestay, you will go on foot to Bo Lu Quay where you will board a boat trip around Ba Be Lake. You can relax on board, do some wildlife spotting or if you need to cool off, you can jump into the cool, clean waters for a refreshing swim! As you float down the Nang River, you can take in the scenery of the surrounding karsts decorated with patches of wild vegetation and inhabited by all sorts of interesting creatures. Look out for the rainbow of butterflies that flit across the sky or listen to the gentle song of the many species of birds in the park. The boat will come to Puong Cave where you can explore the stalactites and stalagmites which are a result of the erosion of the river on the karst as well as looking out for the bat colony several thousand strong. After your, exploration of the lake, you can rest on the drive back to Hanoi, taking in the beautiful scenery on the way. You will stop for lunch at a local restaurant on the way before arriving back in Hanoi at about 17:30.
Meals: B, L
- Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
- It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat..
What to take
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 5 reviews
Value for money
09 Jan 2019
02 Oct 2018
16 Dec 2017
16 Dec 2017
Jing Yi T
16 Dec 2017