What you’ll get
Duration : 4 days 3 nights
Departure : Hanoi
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88MCP06
Mai Chau is a mountainous area of outstanding natural beauty, inhabited by a Thai and H’mong ethnic minority groups. This trip offers a great combination of cultural expedition and trekking. We trek for three days through the spectacular scenery, visit remote and stay overnight in local homes where we have the chance to get to know these hospitable villages.
- Bring a great combination of cultural expedition and trekking
- See stunning with mountains, terraces, and expansive valley
- Learn about local life of Thai and H’mong ethnic minorities
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Private tour price
Size : 30m2 Max Adults: 10
Bed size: Double/Twin
Discover the tocal culture of ethnic minonities, stay with locals, enjoy rice field and breathtaking views.
* Price: USD/pax
Choose date to show price
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 3 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches,3 Dinners
- A/C transfer
- Price Includes
- Local cook
- First-aid kit
- English speaking guide
- Home-stay permission
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Private round-trip transfer with A/C
- Entrance fees & Sightseeing fees
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Hang Kia Village
Pick up at your hotel at 8.00 am and leave Hanoi for Mai Chau, the beautiful gateway to the mountainous area of northern Vietnam. On the way we will have a short stop for refreshment.
Upon arrival in Mai Chau we will pick up our local guide and continue driving to Xa Linh Village, where we will have our lunch in a H’mong house before setting off on a beautiful trekking in the afternoon. From here we will not use our car until the last day. After lunch, we will begin our trek on the village’s road and then walk on dirt path used by the locals. After 40mins we will reach Tra Day Village, home to a small community of Black H’mong minority people. From the Tra Day village, we have two options for trekking route to reach Hang Kia, where we will stay overnight.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Trekking from Hang Kia to Van Village
After breakfast in the house we will say goodbye to the family and begin an exciting trekking day. Right after the village we will walk on jungle trail for one hour. After that we descend the hill passing farm and terraces. The scenery is stunning with mountains, terraces and expansive valley. After crossing a small river we reach a village of White Thai minority group, where we have lunch in a local house. After lunch, you may wish to have a short nap in the house.
In the remainder of the day we will walk on village road to reach Van Village, a beautiful village of White Thai minority people. Have dinner and stay overnight in a Thai family.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Trekking from Van Village to Buoc Village
After breakfast we say goodbye to the family and begin 3-hr trek in the morning to reach Buoc Village. The path will runs uphill and downhill through bamboo forest, terraces and farms.
Around 12 pm we will reach Buoc Village, another scenic village of White Thai minority people. We will have lunch in local house and take a short nap if you wish. In the afternoon, we will enjoy 2-hr leisure trek around the village. Weather permitting, at the end of the day we could enjoy the cool water of the stream nearby the homestay.
Have dinner and stay overnight at the local house.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 4: Trekking to Van Mai – Transfer to Hanoi
After breakfast we say goodbye to the family and enjoy the last trekking along mountain foot to reach Van Mai, where we will meet our car and driver for a short transfer to Pom Coong Village for lunch in a local house. After lunch we will head back to Hanoi. Return to Hanoi around 5pm. Tour ends.
Meals: B, L
- Trekking boot
- Original passport
- Sleeping bag (optional)
- Raincoat, toiletries
- Sun block, hat, anti-insect repellent, sunglasses
What to bring
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
25 Oct 2018
05 Jun 2018
13 Apr 2018