What you’ll get
Duration : 7 days
Departure : Hanoi City
Suitable : Friends, Active traveller
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88NA05
Discover Vietnam’s rugged and scenic northwest and its people first hand. By taking to the roads and driving from the capital Hanoi to the remote area of the northwest we can see life as it truly is for the Vietnamese. The perfect itinerary and the support crew ensure you get the most out of the trip in terms of comfort, enjoyment and adventure. Along the way, we encounter dramatic landscapes and sweeping panoramas as the rural population and its business. Highlights include the terraced valleys of Sapa, challenging roads, stunning scenery and many different colorful minority groups.
- Enjoy the most beautiful trek route in Vietnam
- Climb the highest pass in Vietnam, the Tram Ton Pas, 2000 meters above sea level
- Climb and descend the slopes with their many bends and deep gorges is a really an unforgettable experience
- Visit the tea plantations in Moc Chau Plateau, where you find the best green tea in Vietnam grown along the roads on hillsides
- Have opportunity to explore the terraced valleys of Sapa,challenging roads, stunning scenery and many different colorful minority groups in North East
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : N/A Max Adults: 12
Bed size: N/AShow more
Price for private tour
* Price: USD/pax
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 5 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Private car
- Homestay, Hotel
- Price Includes
- Homestays in Mai Chau
- Private car/van transfer
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Meals as mentioned in the tour
- English/French speaking guide
- Train ticket soft sleeper Lao Cai -Hanoi
- Entrance fees at places indicated in the tour
- Price Excludes
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks, tips and other services
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Mai Chau
Leave Hanoi around 8h30am, drive to Mai Chau, an area of beautiful landscape and home to the Thai ethnic minority.
We will drive on road No6 passing expansive rice paddies and scenic villages. We will have a stop for refreshment before tackling 70km of undulating road with great view of mountains and valley. We will reach Mai Chau at late noontime. Visit Pom Coong, a peaceful village of White Thai ethnic minority where we have lunch, dinner and spend our night in a traditional stilt-house of a Thai family.
After lunch we will have a short rest and then take a short boat ride upstream Ma Rive to reach a remote Thai Village. Relax and have interesting conversations with the villagers before we walk back to the dock. Return to Pom Coong village for dinner and overnight.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Mai Chau - Son La
Breakfast at the home-stay before we embark on a beautiful drive up north to Son La. The road is in good condition and the scenery is stunning. We may take frequent stops to visit minority villages of H’mong, Black Thai,… or to take photos. Lunch will be in local restaurant en route. The highlight of our trip today could be the tea plantations in Moc Chau Plateau, where you find the best green tea in Vietnam grown along the roads on hillsides. We reach Son La in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight in Son La.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Son La - Dien Bien Phu
It is true to say “the further you go up north the faster you heart rate”. Today the drive is greater with more winding road, longer passes, more colorful minority groups and more stunning scenery. Like yesterday, we may have interesting stops to visit villages and take photos. Lunch en route in local restaurant. The highlight of today ride could be the impressive pass of Pha Din pass, the longest pass in Vietnam with total length is approximately up to 32 km .Climbing and descending the slopes with their many bends and deep gorges is a really an unforgettable experience. We reach Dien Bien Phu in the afternoon around 4pm. Upon arrival we stroll around to explore the town. Dinner and overnight in Dien Bien Phu.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 4: Dien Bien Phu - Nam Na River to Tam Duong
After breakfast we will start our 225 km drive along stunning gorges and Nam Na River. On the way we will have interesting stops to visit H’mong and Dzao villages. Lunch in Lai Chau. We would reach Tam Duong around 4.30 pm. Dinner and overnight in hotel in Tam Duong Town
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 5: Tam Duong - Sapa
The drive today is the highlight of the whole trip. Climbing the highest pass in Vietnam, the Tram Ton Pas, 2000 meters above sea level. Lunch in local restaurant en route. We will reach Sapa in the noon time. Sapa is the former hill station for the French colonists hundred years ago. Today Sapa is the paradise for trekking lovers thank to its beautiful trekking routes, stunning terraces, colorful minority groups and the highest mountain in Indochina, the Mt. Fansipang. Dinner and overnight in Sapa. Note: The weekend market (Sunday market) in Tam Duong is very interesting with lots of colorful ethnic minorities. If this day is Sunday the market will be included in the program and we would reach Sapa around 3pm.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 6: Trekking in Sapa - Night train to Hanoi
Breakfast in the hotel. We will drive downhill to Muong Hoa valley. Today we enjoy the most beautiful trek route in Vietnam. We will trek on dirt path through pine forest, terraces and H’mong villages. En route we stop to visit minority villages, schools and have picnic lunch by river. In the afternoon we walk to the pick-up point to meet the car, transfer back to Sapa. Free at leisure then transfer to Lao Cai for the night train back to Hanoi.
Meals: B, L
- Day 7: Arrive in Hanoi
Arrival in Hanoi early in the morning (5am). Tour finishes
Questions & Answers
9.0Based on 1 reviews
Value for money
09 Nov 2017