What you’ll get
Duration : 5 days 4 nights
Departure : Hanoi
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88MCP11
Mai Chau is famous for its beautiful mountains and valleys of the Thai people. Pu Luong is still unspoiled and outstanding with its biodiversity value, a globally important example of a lowland limestone forest ecosystem, covered by rich tropical forest. Let's come and visit the beautiful valley with Mai Chau – Pu Luong 5 days. You will trek through villages and discover local life.
- Discovering everyday life and culture of the white Thai people
- Visiting interesting places: Poom Coom village, Ma river, Pu luong Nature Reserve
- Seeing beautiful hill side villages, magnificent rice paddies, hand crafted bamboo water wheels
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : N/A
Bed size: N/A
Discover the tocal culture of ethnic minorities, stay with locals, enjoy breathtaking views.
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 4 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Price Includes
- Meals as indicated
- English speaking guide
- Home-stay permissions
- Entrance fees & Sightseeing fees
- Private round-trip transfer with A/C
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Tips & Personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Pu Luong (~ 170 km & 3hour walk)
Depart from your Hanoi hotel at 08.00 am transferring to Mai Chau. Daydream as we drive a safe route with spectacular views around every bend. Upon arrival at Poom Coom village in Mai Chau, we will take a short walk to visit the ethnic Thai people, then lunch will be served at local home.
By 01.00 pm take a quick ride (15 minutes) to the Ma river, where we will take a short boat trip followed by a 2 to 3 hour walk through beautiful hill side villages, magnificent rice paddies, seeing hand crafted bamboo water wheels. The highlight on this walk is experiencing the beauty of Pu luong Nature Reserve, the everyday life and culture of the white Thai people. Become a part of local life when we are welcomed as honored guests at a traditional Thai home on stilts. Here in Hang village we will have a traditional dinner and stay the night.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Hike to Eo Ken & Kho Muong villages
Here, daily life starts early. It will be interesting for you to get up, take part in your host family’s activities in the morning, take an opportunity to stroll around Hang village before having breakfast served by Thai people. Start our trek at 8 a.m. Today we will be walking for a approximately 5 to 6 hrs. The first hiking is hard with some steep climbs and yet more stream crossings, the next is really glorious with beautiful views of valley, rice terraces, rich rain forest.
Picnic lunch on the way at Eo Ken village. Arrival in Kho Muong- the setting of the village is perhaps the most beautiful in Vietnam nestled between steep karst mountains and nice terraces in the afternoon. Spend our second night in a typical Thai eco – stilt house in Kho Muong
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Trek to Nua and Hin villages
Having breakfast, then start for a harder full day of hiking. Continue on through the valley. There are some steep climbs and yet more stream crossings. Trek to an incredible cave, only recently discovered and now protected by the Forest rangers. The trekking becomes more remote yet one is never far from a villager tending fields, passing steep limestone mountain, rain forest inside the Pu Luong Nature Reserve to Nua village. After a rough trek, what is more refreshing than a cool stream.This will surely bring you a new experience. Stream bathing! Then picnic lunch will be served here.
Relax from the heat of the day before continuing on to Hin – the village of Thai people in the afternoon. We will be welcomed as honored guests. Have dinner with local people at their traditional house. Free time for you to talk and learn their traditional customs and culture. Prepare picnic lunch for the next day.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 4: Hike to Son village
Leave Hin village after having breakfast at Thai people, we will start for a full day trek to Son village. Climbing up hardly, we will get in deeper inside the Pu Luong Nature Reserve with wild and rich tropical forest, having picnic lunch on the way. Continuing our trek passing through Ba beautiful village to Son village when the “sunset” – if it does not rain. Take a break and stretch your legs on the house on stilt of Thai people or strolling round this village and get in contact with hospitable friendly local people here. Dinner and overnight in Son village.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 5: Trek to Ton village then van to Hanoi
Breakfast is prepared by guide then we start our trek at 8:00 am to Ton village. Today we will have a nice and easier trek, just a bit up and down through rice paddies, jungle fever. After 2.5 hours we get to Ton village. Driver will pick us up and transfer to Muong Khen town for lunch. Arrive and end in Hanoi in the afternoon.
Meals: B, L
- Meals: Vietnam food Homestay condition is very basic
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.4Based on 3 reviews
Value for money9.3
09 Feb 2019
01 Jun 2018
15 Apr 2018